Why Email Marketing Can Be So Effective
Even with the increase of social media, email marketing is continuing to prove itself as a crucial element of any marketing tool kit. In fact, email marketing can work extremely well alongside social media, moving the conversation about your business to a more personal environment. Using multiple channels will re-enforce your message, so to increase the effectiveness of your email use your social media in conjunction to keep your name at the forefront of your customer’s minds.
With sales of smartphones constantly rising, mobile email opens has never been higher, with more people reading their emails on their smartphone than on a desktop. Email marketing provides you with the most direct line of communication for conversion to sales due to it being permission-based.
PMD have a few tips on increasing the effectiveness of your email marketing:
- Subject Line – never leave this blank. An attention-grabbing subject line will entice the reader into opening your email.
- Design – keep it clean and simple, with and easy-to-read font and clear images. The more clutter, the more likely your reader will ignore your email and move on.
- Call to action – make it clear to see, preferably at the top right-hand-side. You need to make it easy for the reader to find to help drive more traffic.
- Provide value – email marketing is a great way to build relationships with customers; it helps to increase the trust in your brand. Offer money off, tips or useful information to show you can be trusted in – this is much more likely to turn browsers into customers.
- Use your tracking – analyse your tracking tools and find out what works best and who is opening your emails, use this to your advantage in your next email marketing campaign.
Most importantly – know your audience. Understand what they want to hear from you about, the best times to contact them. Test different subject lines, images, calls-to-actions, timings, tone of voice and layouts, find out what works best for your business.